Pontiac Repair/Auto repair

I have a Pontiac bonniville I took it in to the shop and they told me my power steering was low and dirty and needed to be flushed, needs tire alignment and both rear shocks are out what will occur if I didn't get all this fixed right away? How long can I wait?thank you

Hi rick:

if the p/s is low there is a leak some where. if your not experincing any whine noise especially on a left hand turn it's not that low "YET" but it will be eventually. a P/S flush is not needed it's a gimic! a wheel alinment is always a good idea! Rear shocks leak on those cars all the time. it will evnetaully degrade the ride quality and cause the rear tires to wear out due to the tires bouncing on the road. the should dampens the spring bounce if they  are leaking they have already begun to loose the "absorbtion" quality. good luck :-)

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio

General auto repair,electrical issues,driveability issues,anti-lock brakes,SIR systems,HVAC,engine performance,Gm specific. I have worked at my current dealership since the 1990 model year anything much older than that I have limited exposure to. I do not have very much transmission experience so those question you may want to ask of another expert. When you send me a question let me know the exact make/model/engine and year for the car or suv you have it makes it easier to answer the questions that way. If your happy with the answer I gave you please feel free to Donate. This is a free service to you and I am not compensated at all by this web site. I have 22 years of experience to share with you and my knowledge wasn't free to me. I had to pay for my education.

Experience in the area: I have been a technician in GM dealerships for over 22 years and I am a ASE master technician. I work at a Buick and GMC truck store Previously I worked at a Pontiac GMC store for 18 years. I Served a a lead technician when dealership was on a team system. I just recently moved to a Buick,Hummer,Saab Store when my franchise was purchased by this dealership. Organizations: ASE master technician

Education/Credentials:High school diploma,2 year vocational school degree 2 year college degree. Associates degree in applied sciences (auto technology)Awards and Honors: GMC master technician

Master GMC truck technician Master ASE technician in 9 categories