Pontiac Repair/1992 pontiac sunbird leaking antifreeze.

Question
Hi, just recently our windshield wiper mister stopped working so we checked the fuse which is a (25) and it was fine we also checked the ac/heater fuse (just to be sure since we rely on both the ac and heater!) and it was also fine. BUUUTTT.. the next day the car started leaking antifreeze at a very fast rate and it seems to be coming from behind the firewall and the engine head. There is also a smoke or steam coming from the vents and from under the dash. The theory is the we did not get the fuse back in all the way, but the question is, do you have any advice and a possible explanation as to why a fuse could cause so many problems. And hopefully how to fix the issues. We have tightened the bolts around the engine head and are getting ready to change the ac heater fuse.

Answer
Hi Branden:

well as for the squirts Usually it's the squirt pump that goes bad on those cars. Pretty common. As for the coolant leak it's the heater core leaking or one of the hoses going to it. if it's leaking that fas I wouldn't drive it you don't want to overheat that engine it has an alumninum cylinder head and they will warp if over heated.  Good luck :-)

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio