Pontiac Repair/1999 pontiac montana back firing

Question
I am having problems with my montana. It has started hesitating and back firing at speeds between 45 to 65 mph. If I stay steady at about 70-75 it runs smoothly but when I slow down it starts up. I am thinking mass air flow sensor but I cleaned and still acting up.

Answer
Hi Priscilla:

is it running rough and misfiring? if so that could be something as simple as a bad sark plug wire. does it do it more when it's damp out/raining or on a cold damp Am? A MAF can call cause a hesitiation for sure but not just in a narrow speed it will do it all the time. has the service engine soon lamp come on? if so stop by one of the big box auto parts stores and have it scanned for codes and see what is stored. that will leave a thumb print to a potential problem.. Good luck :-)

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio