Pontiac Repair/brake lights

My 2001firebird brake lights will not function even though i have checked all fuses and changed all tail light bulbs,however everything else works and its got me baffled?

Hi Robert:

Well if you replaced all the bulbs and don't have a blown fuses the issue more then likley is either a stop lamp switch or turn signal switch issue. do the turn signals and or 4 flashers work? Does the high mount stop lamp work? if that works then that narrows down the problem to more then likley a turn signal switch issuse..  the signal from the stop lamp switch is split 1 goes right to the high mount and 1 goes through the turn switch and then to the lower turn/stop bulbs. good luck :-)

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio

General auto repair,electrical issues,driveability issues,anti-lock brakes,SIR systems,HVAC,engine performance,Gm specific. I have worked at my current dealership since the 1990 model year anything much older than that I have limited exposure to. I do not have very much transmission experience so those question you may want to ask of another expert. When you send me a question let me know the exact make/model/engine and year for the car or suv you have it makes it easier to answer the questions that way. If your happy with the answer I gave you please feel free to Donate. This is a free service to you and I am not compensated at all by this web site. I have 22 years of experience to share with you and my knowledge wasn't free to me. I had to pay for my education.

Experience in the area: I have been a technician in GM dealerships for over 22 years and I am a ASE master technician. I work at a Buick and GMC truck store Previously I worked at a Pontiac GMC store for 18 years. I Served a a lead technician when dealership was on a team system. I just recently moved to a Buick,Hummer,Saab Store when my franchise was purchased by this dealership. Organizations: ASE master technician

Education/Credentials:High school diploma,2 year vocational school degree 2 year college degree. Associates degree in applied sciences (auto technology)Awards and Honors: GMC master technician

Master GMC truck technician Master ASE technician in 9 categories