Pontiac Repair/power steering pressure line replacement

Question
I need to replace the power steering pressure line on my 2000 pontiac sunfire 2.2L engine, the only problem is I cannot figure out how to get to the bolt attached to the steering rack. Please tell me how to get to it to replace the line.

Answer
Hi Nicole:

you don't need to remove the steering rack to replace the lines. they can be reached from under the car or though the engine compartment leave the rack in the car and take the lines off it. a "crows foot" 18MM wrench adaptor that goes on a 3/8" ratchet works wel with a swivel (universal joint) I think what your looking at is one that has a stbalizer bar on it and the bar is in the way of the 1 steering rack bolt?? some have the bar and some do not depending on the suspension options. Good luck :-)

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio