Pontiac Repair/Transmission Pan Bolt Torque

I have a 2002 Pontiac Grand Am SE1 with a 3.4L V6 Automatic, I'm having trouble finding the torque specs for the transmission pan bolts. I was hoping that you would know thanks!

Hey Dustin:

Not very tight. 10Nm or 89 Lb in = 7.4Ft Lbs. if this has a lot of miles on it I would recomend replacing the gasket even know it is reusable and dependin on the design of the pan and gasket ther are to small tabs in the gasket that extend though the pan Put a "Dab" of rtv silicone sealer on the tabswhere it extends though the pan. good luck :-)

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio

General auto repair,electrical issues,driveability issues,anti-lock brakes,SIR systems,HVAC,engine performance,Gm specific. I have worked at my current dealership since the 1990 model year anything much older than that I have limited exposure to. I do not have very much transmission experience so those question you may want to ask of another expert. When you send me a question let me know the exact make/model/engine and year for the car or suv you have it makes it easier to answer the questions that way. If your happy with the answer I gave you please feel free to Donate. This is a free service to you and I am not compensated at all by this web site. I have 22 years of experience to share with you and my knowledge wasn't free to me. I had to pay for my education.

Experience in the area: I have been a technician in GM dealerships for over 22 years and I am a ASE master technician. I work at a Buick and GMC truck store Previously I worked at a Pontiac GMC store for 18 years. I Served a a lead technician when dealership was on a team system. I just recently moved to a Buick,Hummer,Saab Store when my franchise was purchased by this dealership. Organizations: ASE master technician

Education/Credentials:High school diploma,2 year vocational school degree 2 year college degree. Associates degree in applied sciences (auto technology)Awards and Honors: GMC master technician

Master GMC truck technician Master ASE technician in 9 categories