Pontiac Repair/Pontiac g6gt hardtop convertible

Question
I was involved in a head on crash doing aprox 35 hitting someone t bone. They are wanting to fix and not total. My airbags went off. Do you think my car will. Be able to be the same safety and mechanically sound as was before.

Answer
Hi Lisa:

I don't have an answer for that. With out seeing the extent of the damage for 1 and I'm not doing the repairs #2 so I have no idea the extent of the damge is or how good a quaility the repair will be. If the car wasn't totaled then My guess would be that if the car wasn't totaled being that it has to be at least 8 years old then it wasn't as bad a hit as you may have think it was. the fact that the air bags went off just means it was a har enough hit to make them go off it may not have done much structual damage to the car. Unibody cars are incredibly tough and wrinkle in just the right places to absorb the impact. The only think I would advise YOU as the onwer is that they use factory parts for the air bag and NOT aftermarket parts. as far as sheet metal goes that is the norm to use cheap offshore parts. every insurance company does that but NOT with AIR BAG PARTS!
good luck ;-)

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio