Pontiac Repair/Speedometer jumps and car shuts off, but no check engine light comes on

Hi my car is a 2007 pontiac G5 when I stop my car the speedometer jumps and when i slow down the car jerks, also if I turn the wheel to the left while I'm stopping the engine will just shut off. No check engine light has come on and the car runs just fine until I start to stop at a stoplight or stop sign. Thank you for any assistance you might be able to provide.

Hi Taylor:

Any other warning light or messages on the Driver info screen? before I go any further I would stop by one of the big box auto parts stores and hve them scan the whole car for codes and see what is stored. there has to be something that ties all these issue together. I'm thinking some sore of a wiring issue something chafed and rubbed though and when you turn the steering wheel the engine/suspension shifting is stressing a harness out and or the rub though is touching the body and causing these issues. it's an odd on for sure. so se what codes are set in what modules it will give a finger print as to what the issue amy be here. good luck ;-]

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio

General auto repair,electrical issues,driveability issues,anti-lock brakes,SIR systems,HVAC,engine performance,Gm specific. I have worked at my current dealership since the 1990 model year anything much older than that I have limited exposure to. I do not have very much transmission experience so those question you may want to ask of another expert. When you send me a question let me know the exact make/model/engine and year for the car or suv you have it makes it easier to answer the questions that way. If your happy with the answer I gave you please feel free to Donate. This is a free service to you and I am not compensated at all by this web site. I have 22 years of experience to share with you and my knowledge wasn't free to me. I had to pay for my education.

Experience in the area: I have been a technician in GM dealerships for over 22 years and I am a ASE master technician. I work at a Buick and GMC truck store Previously I worked at a Pontiac GMC store for 18 years. I Served a a lead technician when dealership was on a team system. I just recently moved to a Buick,Hummer,Saab Store when my franchise was purchased by this dealership. Organizations: ASE master technician

Education/Credentials:High school diploma,2 year vocational school degree 2 year college degree. Associates degree in applied sciences (auto technology)Awards and Honors: GMC master technician

Master GMC truck technician Master ASE technician in 9 categories