Pontiac Repair/2001 Pontiac grand am

Question
When i went to leave, i started my car (2001 white Pontiac  grand am) i noticed after starting it i smelled gas we drove like a foot and seen something leaking on the road behind us, so we stopped, got out and seen that gas was leaking towards the front of the car underneath of course . We pulled back up at home shut the car off and noticed the puddle of gas from my car earlier that day. it had a quarter of a tank in gas, runs great. I'm not sure what the problem is.

Answer
Hi katelyn:

With out seeing it I can't tell you for sure but being it's 12 years old you could have an issue with a rotted/rusted out fuel line causing a leak under the car. It could be a fuel pressure regulator on the engine leaking or a connetion between the flines and the engine. either way I would not start and drive the car. Have it towed to a shop to get it repaired. good luck :-)

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio