Pontiac Repair/cruise control , traction control.

Question
what would cause the cruise and traction control systems to be inoperative after the engine and transmission had been swapped with another from the same year and model Pontiac Bonniville.The only difference in models was one had traction control and the other did not but both had cruise. The swap was done at an ASE garage and they have no idea what happened. The engine is a standard 3800, 1998 model year. Any suggestions on where to start looking would be much appreciated. I have the GM CD manual.

Answer
Hi Keith:

There is not much that the 2 system have related other then the brake switch both systems use the brake light switch input. other tyen that I really don't know maybe a ground wire was left off? ? I would first start by getting the car scanned for codes at one of the big box auto parts stores and see what if any codes are stored in any module and the ngo from there if there is a code stored that could be the smoking gun to tie the 2 things together.  

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio