Pontiac Repair/idle problems

I have a 97 pontiac grand prix gtp supercharge and it is having erractic idle problems. I have replaced my spark plugs, throddle position sensor and the mass air flow sensor. But nothing seems to stop the idle problem. I will be in park and it seems like my car is like a muscle car ha ha. Or while at a stop light it moves back and forth.

Hi jessica:
being that this is a super charged car, My "guess" would be it has a vacuum leak either between the intake and super charger in the front of the engine or the vacum line that feeds the map sensor in this is split open. that vacuum line is under the nose (front) of the super charger. goos luck.  

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio

General auto repair,electrical issues,driveability issues,anti-lock brakes,SIR systems,HVAC,engine performance,Gm specific. I have worked at my current dealership since the 1990 model year anything much older than that I have limited exposure to. I do not have very much transmission experience so those question you may want to ask of another expert. When you send me a question let me know the exact make/model/engine and year for the car or suv you have it makes it easier to answer the questions that way. If your happy with the answer I gave you please feel free to Donate. This is a free service to you and I am not compensated at all by this web site. I have 22 years of experience to share with you and my knowledge wasn't free to me. I had to pay for my education.

Experience in the area: I have been a technician in GM dealerships for over 22 years and I am a ASE master technician. I work at a Buick and GMC truck store Previously I worked at a Pontiac GMC store for 18 years. I Served a a lead technician when dealership was on a team system. I just recently moved to a Buick,Hummer,Saab Store when my franchise was purchased by this dealership. Organizations: ASE master technician

Education/Credentials:High school diploma,2 year vocational school degree 2 year college degree. Associates degree in applied sciences (auto technology)Awards and Honors: GMC master technician

Master GMC truck technician Master ASE technician in 9 categories