Pontiac Repair/Pontiac Montana 2006

I bought my Pontiac Montana last year, 2012, in Feb. The day after I bought the van the check engine light came on. The codes that pulled up were p0455 and p0449. The dealrship smoked out the lines to try to find the large leak, but there was no leak detected. The dealership took the van in on several different attempts to try to diagnose it but failed. Basically they just gave up because they couldn't find anything wrong with it, other than the check engine light was on. It will not pass emissions now a year later. I was informed through another diagnostic test that the van needs a "body wiring harness." Supposedly the wires were all corroded and they say this is the cause of the codes pulling up. Can you please help?

Hi brianna:

Yes on those vans they had wire harness issues. the 449/455 are codes still in there I asuume nothing new? usually the issue is where the wire harness passes from inside the van to outside of the van at the floor behind the drivers seat. if there is a water leak in the van the water pools around that harness and corrodes it. If you live in the cold climate areas just the melting snow that gets tracked into the van can cause this as well. "usually" the body side of the harness (inside the van) can be repaired with out replacing it. the harness under the van going to the gas tank I almost always replace It's cheap enough of a part so I just replace it instead of repairing it. good luck :-)

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio

General auto repair,electrical issues,driveability issues,anti-lock brakes,SIR systems,HVAC,engine performance,Gm specific. I have worked at my current dealership since the 1990 model year anything much older than that I have limited exposure to. I do not have very much transmission experience so those question you may want to ask of another expert. When you send me a question let me know the exact make/model/engine and year for the car or suv you have it makes it easier to answer the questions that way. If your happy with the answer I gave you please feel free to Donate. This is a free service to you and I am not compensated at all by this web site. I have 22 years of experience to share with you and my knowledge wasn't free to me. I had to pay for my education.

Experience in the area: I have been a technician in GM dealerships for over 22 years and I am a ASE master technician. I work at a Buick and GMC truck store Previously I worked at a Pontiac GMC store for 18 years. I Served a a lead technician when dealership was on a team system. I just recently moved to a Buick,Hummer,Saab Store when my franchise was purchased by this dealership. Organizations: ASE master technician

Education/Credentials:High school diploma,2 year vocational school degree 2 year college degree. Associates degree in applied sciences (auto technology)Awards and Honors: GMC master technician

Master GMC truck technician Master ASE technician in 9 categories