Pontiac Repair/2003 Pontiac sunfire

Question
QUESTION: I have a 2003 Pontiac sunfire it was running perfect until I spun out the other day and since then the engine shakes really bad it doesn't really wanna get up and go it sputters and dies when u come to a stop. It does not over heat or smoke but my check engine light is on and was flashing   We checked the oil and it had yellow stuff on the dip stick but has not shown yellow stuff since the first time I checked it. I don't no what's wrong with my car. When I start it I sometimes have to play with the gas peddle to keep it running.

ANSWER: Hi Brittany:

the flashing check engine loight indicates an engine misfire. meaning it's not running on all 4 cylindes. more then likley just running on 2. on those ecotech engines either the ignition coild assembly goes bad or the ignition control module goes bad one or the other is more then likey your issue. with out seeing it I can't say for sure but it's one or the other. the stuff on the dip stick is more then likey just a build up of condensation as long as the oil is not that color don't worry about it. good luck :-)

QUESTION: now it wont start what do i do!????

Answer
Now it's going to half to goto a shop to get diagnosed. It's hard for it to start on 2 out of 4 cylinders or maybe whatever part was on it's way out finally quit altogther and that is why it will not start. with out seeing it I can't tell you for sure what the issue is.

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio