Pontiac Repair/Stuck Front Seatbelts

Question
Hello Todd

I have a 2006 Pontiac G6, and was in an accicent where the driver airbag deployed and the both front seat belts are locked.

Do I have to fix the airbag first; or can I just fix the seatbelts?

I read one of your response stating how to fix it, but wasn't sure if the airbag had to be fixed first before the seat belts could.

Thansk for taking the time out!

Answer
Hi there:

you need to replace the belt retractors first. so you have seat belts once the pretensioner deplys in the belt they are gargage then. you don't have to replace the air bag(S) in order for the belts to work. the air bag lamp will repain on and of course with out fixing it if you get into another accident you will have no bags. good luck :-)

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio