Pontiac Repair/Stuck Front Seatbelts

Hello Todd

I have a 2006 Pontiac G6, and was in an accicent where the driver airbag deployed and the both front seat belts are locked.

Do I have to fix the airbag first; or can I just fix the seatbelts?

I read one of your response stating how to fix it, but wasn't sure if the airbag had to be fixed first before the seat belts could.

Thansk for taking the time out!

Hi there:

you need to replace the belt retractors first. so you have seat belts once the pretensioner deplys in the belt they are gargage then. you don't have to replace the air bag(S) in order for the belts to work. the air bag lamp will repain on and of course with out fixing it if you get into another accident you will have no bags. good luck :-)

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio

General auto repair,electrical issues,driveability issues,anti-lock brakes,SIR systems,HVAC,engine performance,Gm specific. I have worked at my current dealership since the 1990 model year anything much older than that I have limited exposure to. I do not have very much transmission experience so those question you may want to ask of another expert. When you send me a question let me know the exact make/model/engine and year for the car or suv you have it makes it easier to answer the questions that way. If your happy with the answer I gave you please feel free to Donate. This is a free service to you and I am not compensated at all by this web site. I have 22 years of experience to share with you and my knowledge wasn't free to me. I had to pay for my education.

Experience in the area: I have been a technician in GM dealerships for over 22 years and I am a ASE master technician. I work at a Buick and GMC truck store Previously I worked at a Pontiac GMC store for 18 years. I Served a a lead technician when dealership was on a team system. I just recently moved to a Buick,Hummer,Saab Store when my franchise was purchased by this dealership. Organizations: ASE master technician

Education/Credentials:High school diploma,2 year vocational school degree 2 year college degree. Associates degree in applied sciences (auto technology)Awards and Honors: GMC master technician

Master GMC truck technician Master ASE technician in 9 categories