Pontiac Repair/1998 Sunfire engine swap

Question
I have a 1998 Pontiac sun-fire with a 2.2 4 cylinder 5 speed.
I plan to have a 3800 V6 out of a 1994 Buick Le Sebre Custom put in.
I'm also planning on taking the computer with the engine, my question is what kind of problems will i run into? I Plan on fixing the mounts already but any tips on that would be great thanks

Answer
Hi Morgan:

I have bad news for you That engine will not fit in a sunfire. Now way shape or form. That car was never designed for a V6 engine to fit under the hood let alone a BIG v6 engine like a 3800. The older sunbirds had a V6 that would fit but not in a sunfire. If you have seen one there were MAJOR modification made to the unibody to get it to fit under the hood. That is way too small and car for that engine to fit. Sorry to give you the bad news. The biggest engine you will see in one of those is a Quad 4 cylinder engine. those were in the GT version of that car.

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio