Pontiac Repair/1999 buick century ,abs,trac off and blinkers

when I hot the blinkers the abs light comes on and I hear a buzz I think from the flasher also trac off light comes on and the blinkers wont work,other times blinkers work fine,i just put in a turn signal switch from junkyard it was ac delco and same thing happens

Hi Dan:

sounds like you have a power issue here. My Guess would be a bad ignition switch. a good way to tets it is this when the car is hot and acting up use a digital volr ohm meter and check what the battery volatgae is when it's running then check the fuses in the fuse box if you far less then that at the battery you have a high resistance issue and it's most likley the ignition switch. that car has 2 fuse boxes 1 under the boox and one on the rt. side of the dash. good luck ;-)

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio

General auto repair,electrical issues,driveability issues,anti-lock brakes,SIR systems,HVAC,engine performance,Gm specific. I have worked at my current dealership since the 1990 model year anything much older than that I have limited exposure to. I do not have very much transmission experience so those question you may want to ask of another expert. When you send me a question let me know the exact make/model/engine and year for the car or suv you have it makes it easier to answer the questions that way. If your happy with the answer I gave you please feel free to Donate. This is a free service to you and I am not compensated at all by this web site. I have 22 years of experience to share with you and my knowledge wasn't free to me. I had to pay for my education.

Experience in the area: I have been a technician in GM dealerships for over 22 years and I am a ASE master technician. I work at a Buick and GMC truck store Previously I worked at a Pontiac GMC store for 18 years. I Served a a lead technician when dealership was on a team system. I just recently moved to a Buick,Hummer,Saab Store when my franchise was purchased by this dealership. Organizations: ASE master technician

Education/Credentials:High school diploma,2 year vocational school degree 2 year college degree. Associates degree in applied sciences (auto technology)Awards and Honors: GMC master technician

Master GMC truck technician Master ASE technician in 9 categories