Pontiac Repair/lost

QUESTION: Where is my oil pressure sending unit located on my 95 Pontiac Bonneville

ANSWER: above the oil filter on the side of the engine. screwed into the side of the timing cover.
Good luck ;-)

QUESTION: Okay so I changed my oil Pressure  sending unit but my gauge is still fluctuate while driving and when it gets low the car shuts off oil level is full no leaks. Could it be my oil sensor? ?

Hi there.

Well if the pressure is low when it's hot that would indicate internal engine damage. you need to get a mechanical test guage for this and put it in place of the oil sending unit and drive it and see what the mechanical guage shows. if it is indeed errraic and low there is an issue in the engine, worn out bearings. those engines had issue with camshaft bearings.  

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio

General auto repair,electrical issues,driveability issues,anti-lock brakes,SIR systems,HVAC,engine performance,Gm specific. I have worked at my current dealership since the 1990 model year anything much older than that I have limited exposure to. I do not have very much transmission experience so those question you may want to ask of another expert. When you send me a question let me know the exact make/model/engine and year for the car or suv you have it makes it easier to answer the questions that way. If your happy with the answer I gave you please feel free to Donate. This is a free service to you and I am not compensated at all by this web site. I have 22 years of experience to share with you and my knowledge wasn't free to me. I had to pay for my education.

Experience in the area: I have been a technician in GM dealerships for over 22 years and I am a ASE master technician. I work at a Buick and GMC truck store Previously I worked at a Pontiac GMC store for 18 years. I Served a a lead technician when dealership was on a team system. I just recently moved to a Buick,Hummer,Saab Store when my franchise was purchased by this dealership. Organizations: ASE master technician

Education/Credentials:High school diploma,2 year vocational school degree 2 year college degree. Associates degree in applied sciences (auto technology)Awards and Honors: GMC master technician

Master GMC truck technician Master ASE technician in 9 categories