Pontiac Repair/1990 Pontiac Sunbird cam and crank gear timing.

Question
Where do the timing marks line up on a 1990 Sunbird OHC 2.0 ? the belt has been replaced and it runs badly- i think the timing for the cam to crank is off. where do they line up ?
sincerely,
DOUGLAS H.

Answer
Hi douglas:

there is a mark on the balancer and a mark on the front timing cover that is where the crank lines up. and the cam is pretty muct at the 12:00 position I think there is a mark on the back side of the timing cover that the mark on the cam lines up with. It has been decades since I had one of those old engines apart. My online service info only goes back to 1998. you may want to try a google search to be 100% sure But My memory is pretty good. Good luck :-)

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio