Pontiac Repair/2002 Pontiac Montana 3.4L V6 Brake Lights

I have a 2002 Pontiac Montana 3.4L V6 mini van.  Both of my rear brake lights won't light when I step on the brake pedal.  The top bar light on the rear door lights up, but not the sides.  I have checked the fuse and replaced bulbs.  Where do I check next? Thank you!

Hi debbie:

those vans had issues with the ckt boards the bulbs push into . either the sockets would burn up or the connect from the van into the ckt board would melt. look there I'm sure it's one or the other. Not uncommon for it to happen to both sides either.

good luck :-)

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio

General auto repair,electrical issues,driveability issues,anti-lock brakes,SIR systems,HVAC,engine performance,Gm specific. I have worked at my current dealership since the 1990 model year anything much older than that I have limited exposure to. I do not have very much transmission experience so those question you may want to ask of another expert. When you send me a question let me know the exact make/model/engine and year for the car or suv you have it makes it easier to answer the questions that way. If your happy with the answer I gave you please feel free to Donate. This is a free service to you and I am not compensated at all by this web site. I have 22 years of experience to share with you and my knowledge wasn't free to me. I had to pay for my education.

Experience in the area: I have been a technician in GM dealerships for over 22 years and I am a ASE master technician. I work at a Buick and GMC truck store Previously I worked at a Pontiac GMC store for 18 years. I Served a a lead technician when dealership was on a team system. I just recently moved to a Buick,Hummer,Saab Store when my franchise was purchased by this dealership. Organizations: ASE master technician

Education/Credentials:High school diploma,2 year vocational school degree 2 year college degree. Associates degree in applied sciences (auto technology)Awards and Honors: GMC master technician

Master GMC truck technician Master ASE technician in 9 categories