Pontiac Repair/Driver's side window not working

Question
QUESTION: My driver's side power window suddenly stopped working.  All other 3 windows still work fine.  I own a 2009 Pontiac Torrent FWD.  I've read other forums that say it could be the switch, wiring or the window motor.  What is the best approach to troubleshooting this problem?

Thanks

ANSWER: Hi stacey:

yes it can be any of the 3. did it stop working stuck up or down? did it act up at all before it quit work altogether? If I were to guess it would be either a switch or a wiring issue. on those they had issues with the wiring between the truck and the door the "pas thru" wiring would break and then the window will not work. That was pretty connon on those more so then anything else. you can work the rubber boot off in between the door and the truck and look at the wiring. The wires to the l/f window are dark blue and brown look for those wires to be broken off. good luck :-)

QUESTION: Hi Again,

It stopped working in the up position, thankfully !!  I'm curious how I can "work" the rubber boot off, how is it attached to the truck?

Thank you for your speedy response initially.

Answer
The rubber boot sort of feels off around the door and the body. there is a plastic plig that preses into the door and into the body. The rubber boot wraps around that plastic plug and you can carefully peel it from beind the plug and expose the wires. It will be very obvious if that is the issue you will see the wires broken off in the bundle of wires.  

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio