Pontiac Repair/traction control module repair

Question
Hi, I need a traction control module for my 2003 Pontiac and was told the part & labor would be about $1000.00.  I saw a web sight that would repair it for $79.00.  My question is can that module be repair.  The dealership did not even give me that option.  Thank you.

Answer
Hi Sue:

we at the dealership only have the parts avaiable that GM offers. They do not offer refurbished parts. So we do not use thme. You can ask them about the possabaility of a used part or LKQ part which means Like Kind Qaulity (used) maning it's out of the same year or newer car as yours with the same or less milage. I would be real leary od reman or refurbished parts. That is just my option. There are places that do repair the modules but it's a crap shoot as to wether the original issue with the module was actually repaired before it's installed in your car. Ask the place that will fix it if the part they put in fails if they will replace it for free for say the forst year or 12,000 miles if the answer is yes go for it if Not then steer clear! good luck :-)

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio