Pontiac Repair/3100 sfi will not run

I have a 94 beretta it has a motor swap of a 3.1 liter SfI I can get its turnover I cannot get it to start it has fuel to the top of the rail has good spark it will run if gas is put in through the intake how do I make it run I believe it to security issue I could be wrong though please help

hi mike:

I'm not a chevy guy. but you could be right about security issue. if that is the case the injectors are tuned off. Try this disconnect the battery and let it sit for 10 minutes. reconnect the battery. try to crank the car over if it spits and spoutters and dies leave the key in the run and watch for a security lamp of a lock light on the dash like I said I'm not checvy so I don't know what the security system does reguardless if that light is on or is flashing let it sit for 10 minutes with the key in the run position the light should go out or stop flashing. then turn the key off for one minute and try starting it again. for a pass key system that is in a sun fire or a grand am that is what makes the syst m relearn the lock cylinder password. give it a try and good luck :-)

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio

General auto repair,electrical issues,driveability issues,anti-lock brakes,SIR systems,HVAC,engine performance,Gm specific. I have worked at my current dealership since the 1990 model year anything much older than that I have limited exposure to. I do not have very much transmission experience so those question you may want to ask of another expert. When you send me a question let me know the exact make/model/engine and year for the car or suv you have it makes it easier to answer the questions that way. If your happy with the answer I gave you please feel free to Donate. This is a free service to you and I am not compensated at all by this web site. I have 22 years of experience to share with you and my knowledge wasn't free to me. I had to pay for my education.

Experience in the area: I have been a technician in GM dealerships for over 22 years and I am a ASE master technician. I work at a Buick and GMC truck store Previously I worked at a Pontiac GMC store for 18 years. I Served a a lead technician when dealership was on a team system. I just recently moved to a Buick,Hummer,Saab Store when my franchise was purchased by this dealership. Organizations: ASE master technician

Education/Credentials:High school diploma,2 year vocational school degree 2 year college degree. Associates degree in applied sciences (auto technology)Awards and Honors: GMC master technician

Master GMC truck technician Master ASE technician in 9 categories