Pontiac Repair/Can't get my radio to work and there is now a constant thumping from my driver side speaker even when the car is turned off

Car info up front:
2005 Pontiac Grand Prix with the 3800 engine not supercharged
Have an after market radio ( installed by Best Buy)

My key got stuck in the ignition at work and killed my battery. after jumping the car to get it running the radio began flashing on and off and there was a thumping coming from my driver side speaker, that doesnt quit even after the car is turned off, the only way to get it to quit is to pull the radio fuse. i have since checked the fuse on the back of the radio, i dont think there was one on the gmos unit , the radio fuse in the box and the RAP relay. not sure what else to do.

Hi John:

sorry for the delay there was an issue with allexperts I never got your question till today.
does this have the factory radio in it and if so is it an monsoon radio system? could be a bad amplifier. when you jumped it may have screwed up the amplifier and or the radio. an monsoon system has an amp and that vintage they were really voltage sensitive so a jump start could have damaged it. with out seeing it I can't tell you for sure.  

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio

General auto repair,electrical issues,driveability issues,anti-lock brakes,SIR systems,HVAC,engine performance,Gm specific. I have worked at my current dealership since the 1990 model year anything much older than that I have limited exposure to. I do not have very much transmission experience so those question you may want to ask of another expert. When you send me a question let me know the exact make/model/engine and year for the car or suv you have it makes it easier to answer the questions that way. If your happy with the answer I gave you please feel free to Donate. This is a free service to you and I am not compensated at all by this web site. I have 22 years of experience to share with you and my knowledge wasn't free to me. I had to pay for my education.

Experience in the area: I have been a technician in GM dealerships for over 22 years and I am a ASE master technician. I work at a Buick and GMC truck store Previously I worked at a Pontiac GMC store for 18 years. I Served a a lead technician when dealership was on a team system. I just recently moved to a Buick,Hummer,Saab Store when my franchise was purchased by this dealership. Organizations: ASE master technician

Education/Credentials:High school diploma,2 year vocational school degree 2 year college degree. Associates degree in applied sciences (auto technology)Awards and Honors: GMC master technician

Master GMC truck technician Master ASE technician in 9 categories