Pontiac Repair/2001 Pontiac Bonneville

Question
Hi Todd,

I have a 2001 Bonneville with 70,000 miles and love the car.  My mechanic (whom is very competent and trustworthy) is recommeding new engine mounts, and new rear shock absorbers.  I have noticed the car doesn't feel as "tight" and seems to hit bumps on the road more harshly. I will be taking the mechanics recommendations.  Question:  while I'm at it, should I also install front shocks.  Would that improve the ride?  Thanks!

Answer
Hi peter:

unless the motor mounts are broken you not going to noise any change in the way it "rides" if is feels round sitting at a light then you may have a bad mount? , as far as shocks the rear ones do wear out on these cars and start to leak. with 70,000 on a 14 year old car it's not a bad Idea to change the front struts. but don't cheap out get original factory ones to get the same original car ride. good luck :-)

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio