Pontiac Repair/2009 pontiac g6 no start (odo) error

hello Todd  i am a licensed commercial transport mechanic of over 40 years and of course work on cars also. well i just bought a 2009 Pontiac g6 2.4 l. and the battery kept dying after a couple starts or when stereo left on for 5 minutes so i installed a new battery and everything was great that night, the next day i wanted to plug my Modis in to see why the service traction displayed on my radio and because my Modis only goes to 2005 i lied to the Modis and said the g6 was a 2005 and when i Tryed to communicate with the car it said NO COMMUNICATION and then i noticed the odometer went to ERROR and the gauges sat at zero and the radio display said power steering/ low fuel/ service traction and the worst thing is there is only one single HEAVY solenoid click under the hood and no starter action. I checked every ground i could find, checked every fuse in all 3 fuse boxes. ANY IDEAS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.   Bob

Hey Bob:

I got this! the ground cable is broken off at the transmission to engine stud.  it's hard to see but grab onto the ground cable and it will be broken off that stud. the modules loose the ground from the engine block and when the IPC doesn't see the communication from the other network modules it displays error. Get an original equipment cable not a fits all. the gauge of the wire is not correct on the fits and it will cause other issues down the road. if you have an AC delco parts dealer in your area they should have that part. good luck :)

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio

General auto repair,electrical issues,driveability issues,anti-lock brakes,SIR systems,HVAC,engine performance,Gm specific. I have worked at my current dealership since the 1990 model year anything much older than that I have limited exposure to. I do not have very much transmission experience so those question you may want to ask of another expert. When you send me a question let me know the exact make/model/engine and year for the car or suv you have it makes it easier to answer the questions that way. If your happy with the answer I gave you please feel free to Donate. This is a free service to you and I am not compensated at all by this web site. I have 22 years of experience to share with you and my knowledge wasn't free to me. I had to pay for my education.

Experience in the area: I have been a technician in GM dealerships for over 22 years and I am a ASE master technician. I work at a Buick and GMC truck store Previously I worked at a Pontiac GMC store for 18 years. I Served a a lead technician when dealership was on a team system. I just recently moved to a Buick,Hummer,Saab Store when my franchise was purchased by this dealership. Organizations: ASE master technician

Education/Credentials:High school diploma,2 year vocational school degree 2 year college degree. Associates degree in applied sciences (auto technology)Awards and Honors: GMC master technician

Master GMC truck technician Master ASE technician in 9 categories