Pontiac Repair/How to install dome light....

2001 Pontiac Grand Am GT v6, i need to know how to install my dome light. I dont know if im missing a piece or what, but it wont go back in place!!!

Hi Nichole:

it depends on if it's one with a sun roof or a hard top. there are 2 pieces to the lamp the lense and the back part that goes behind the headliner. the 2 pieces sanp together and then there is either a magnet on the back side of the piece that is behind the head liner or it has plastic push pins on it that attach that piece to the roof. no knowing which style you have I can't tell you for sure what it going on with it. If it just fell apart chances are it should snap together and stay attached to the roof and the head liner if you took it apart to change a bulb one or more of the retainers may have broken that hold it together and in that case youwill need a new one. good luck :-)

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio

General auto repair,electrical issues,driveability issues,anti-lock brakes,SIR systems,HVAC,engine performance,Gm specific. I have worked at my current dealership since the 1990 model year anything much older than that I have limited exposure to. I do not have very much transmission experience so those question you may want to ask of another expert. When you send me a question let me know the exact make/model/engine and year for the car or suv you have it makes it easier to answer the questions that way. If your happy with the answer I gave you please feel free to Donate. This is a free service to you and I am not compensated at all by this web site. I have 22 years of experience to share with you and my knowledge wasn't free to me. I had to pay for my education.

Experience in the area: I have been a technician in GM dealerships for over 22 years and I am a ASE master technician. I work at a Buick and GMC truck store Previously I worked at a Pontiac GMC store for 18 years. I Served a a lead technician when dealership was on a team system. I just recently moved to a Buick,Hummer,Saab Store when my franchise was purchased by this dealership. Organizations: ASE master technician

Education/Credentials:High school diploma,2 year vocational school degree 2 year college degree. Associates degree in applied sciences (auto technology)Awards and Honors: GMC master technician

Master GMC truck technician Master ASE technician in 9 categories