Pontiac Repair/1998 Pontiac Montana

What would cause the door lock to activate on it's own and the car to refuse to stay running? The battery was completely dead and the car would not stay on even after it was jumped and alarm will not stop beeping.

Hi jennie:

well low battery voltage could be the cuase of all of this. did you replace the battery? if the system volatge is low all of what you mentioned and a whole slew of other things can happen. start with a battery and make sure the battery cables are clean. the side posts batteries thes van have in them tend to leak acid out and onto the cables and corrode them. if the cables look bad replace them do not clean them. good luck :-)  

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio

General auto repair,electrical issues,driveability issues,anti-lock brakes,SIR systems,HVAC,engine performance,Gm specific. I have worked at my current dealership since the 1990 model year anything much older than that I have limited exposure to. I do not have very much transmission experience so those question you may want to ask of another expert. When you send me a question let me know the exact make/model/engine and year for the car or suv you have it makes it easier to answer the questions that way. If your happy with the answer I gave you please feel free to Donate. This is a free service to you and I am not compensated at all by this web site. I have 22 years of experience to share with you and my knowledge wasn't free to me. I had to pay for my education.

Experience in the area: I have been a technician in GM dealerships for over 22 years and I am a ASE master technician. I work at a Buick and GMC truck store Previously I worked at a Pontiac GMC store for 18 years. I Served a a lead technician when dealership was on a team system. I just recently moved to a Buick,Hummer,Saab Store when my franchise was purchased by this dealership. Organizations: ASE master technician

Education/Credentials:High school diploma,2 year vocational school degree 2 year college degree. Associates degree in applied sciences (auto technology)Awards and Honors: GMC master technician

Master GMC truck technician Master ASE technician in 9 categories