Pontiac Repair/electrical

Have Pontiac 2001 astex (13,000)dashboard lights going off/on, needles gauges left to right, door locks clicks, headlights go off and come back on. Like a light show. I read this is called a disco astex. Senior, afraid to drive this car. Please, HELP!!!!!          Sandy

Hi sandy"sorry for the delay. I did answer this for you the other day and for some reason it shows I never answered it.

sounds to me that the issue here is with the BCM (body control module) it controls multiple functions on this SUV. pretty common issue with those. here is the only glitch it can be replaced pretty easily by any repair shop but your stuck because that module need to be configured/programmed to match you SUV and it's options. it needs to be done with special equiment that only a dealership will have or a certified AC Delco repair shop. good luck :-)

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio

General auto repair,electrical issues,driveability issues,anti-lock brakes,SIR systems,HVAC,engine performance,Gm specific. I have worked at my current dealership since the 1990 model year anything much older than that I have limited exposure to. I do not have very much transmission experience so those question you may want to ask of another expert. When you send me a question let me know the exact make/model/engine and year for the car or suv you have it makes it easier to answer the questions that way. If your happy with the answer I gave you please feel free to Donate. This is a free service to you and I am not compensated at all by this web site. I have 22 years of experience to share with you and my knowledge wasn't free to me. I had to pay for my education.

Experience in the area: I have been a technician in GM dealerships for over 22 years and I am a ASE master technician. I work at a Buick and GMC truck store Previously I worked at a Pontiac GMC store for 18 years. I Served a a lead technician when dealership was on a team system. I just recently moved to a Buick,Hummer,Saab Store when my franchise was purchased by this dealership. Organizations: ASE master technician

Education/Credentials:High school diploma,2 year vocational school degree 2 year college degree. Associates degree in applied sciences (auto technology)Awards and Honors: GMC master technician

Master GMC truck technician Master ASE technician in 9 categories