Pontiac Repair/Starting problem

Dear Todd,
Further to my questions of earlier today, the following remark:
I forgot to mention that my check of the ALDL connector was done a while after the car had started again and I had driven it home.
I look forward to your comments.
Henk Niekoop Eindhoven The Netherlands (Holland)

that is an intereting thought next time this acts up and will not start leave the key on and see if it will flash the code 12.. on though on thats well. the engine control module (ecm) is under the hood on the right side of the car under a plastic close out panel remove that panel and you willsee the ECM (Domestic) North americal cars that is where it's located it is a black metal box with maybe 6 connetors going into it. with the engine running take a screw driver and tap on the ecm with the handle of the screwdriver and see if the engine stubls and or stalls. that ecm was noted for engine stall issues on a tap test "usually" they don't caise a no start but anything can happen.
Let me know if I can be of any more help. I have a max amount of questions asked of 3 a wait till tomorrow if you have any more questions and I can answer them that way.

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio

General auto repair,electrical issues,driveability issues,anti-lock brakes,SIR systems,HVAC,engine performance,Gm specific. I have worked at my current dealership since the 1990 model year anything much older than that I have limited exposure to. I do not have very much transmission experience so those question you may want to ask of another expert. When you send me a question let me know the exact make/model/engine and year for the car or suv you have it makes it easier to answer the questions that way. If your happy with the answer I gave you please feel free to Donate. This is a free service to you and I am not compensated at all by this web site. I have 22 years of experience to share with you and my knowledge wasn't free to me. I had to pay for my education.

Experience in the area: I have been a technician in GM dealerships for over 22 years and I am a ASE master technician. I work at a Buick and GMC truck store Previously I worked at a Pontiac GMC store for 18 years. I Served a a lead technician when dealership was on a team system. I just recently moved to a Buick,Hummer,Saab Store when my franchise was purchased by this dealership. Organizations: ASE master technician

Education/Credentials:High school diploma,2 year vocational school degree 2 year college degree. Associates degree in applied sciences (auto technology)Awards and Honors: GMC master technician

Master GMC truck technician Master ASE technician in 9 categories