Pontiac Repair/G6 top won't go down

Question
Trunk will open. the top  unlatches and gets about 6 inches and stops. the motor still runs but the top won't go further.

Answer
Hi Pam:

well with out seeing this I can't tell you exactly what the issue is. there can be a lot of issues that are making this happen something as the pump is low on oil and will not allow it to make the top move all the way. If it's low there is a leak! when the top is down and latched take the inner cover off in the trunk you can see the tank for the pump is visable there is a full line on the tank it need to be to the full line with the top closed. that takes special oil that need to be obtained from the dealer. there can be an issue with one of the MANY switches on all the the moving parts that tells the top module where the top is. With out a scan tool and training on this you will not be able to fix this your self. so hopefully it's just low on oil and if it is that leak need to be addressed. good luck

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio