Pontiac Repair/motor

Question
Can I transfer a 07 grand prix GXP 5.3 v8 motor and dash and all to a 04-05 pontiac grand prix car pretty much making it a new GXP looking car? Reason being v8 car is totaled but engine and mechanics are fine

Answer
Hi Justin:

That is a HUGE undertaking. I want to say NO that you can't reason being in 2004 the body changed on the Pontiac "W" body. the basic mechanical stuff is the same But the body changed so I will say no. I'm not a parts guy I just fix 'em. if you want a concrete solid answer call a junk yard and see what is interchangeable on the Pontiac "W" body cars from year to year. If for some odd reason it will interchange EVERYTHING needs to be swapped wire harnesses and components. You may just be better off to find another newer style car used with the V* in it. Yes they are rare Good luck :-)

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio