Pontiac Repair/05 Pontiac Montana (not SV6) a/c and heater control switch

Question
I turned the fan switch on the a/c and heater control to start the a/c fan and it came on fine then suddenly stopped.  I turned it off and back on again and it came back on but stopped again.  I cycled the fan switch on and off a couple of times and it would not come on again at all.  I removed the switch and tested it with a meter.  It tested fine.  Where do I look next?

Answer
Hi Lee:

unplug the blower motor and attach a test light to the wires and turn the fan on and see if the light lights dim on Lo and bright on HI and stays on and doesn't go out.  if it does then the issue is with the blower motor if it goes out like the motor the issue is more then likely with the blower resistor of the connector on resistor.

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio