Pontiac Repair/air conditioner

I have a Pontiac 2004 Bonneville.  The air conditioner is putting out cool air on the passenger side, but not on the driver's side (really kind of warm on the driver's side). I have had the Freon checked and it is okay.  The unit is kicking on and off correctly.  What else could be the problem?

Hi Vickie:

is this auro climate control meaning dual temp for driver and passenger? If so there could be an issue with the temp doors in the HVAC box inside the dash. Usually when you have a difference in temp between one side to the other the system is not charged properly and the evaporator (cooling coil) doesn't cool correctly due to the low charge. is if the charge is indeed correct then I would suspect a HAVC door issue with out the aid of a scan tool your not going to be able to look at what is going on in the HVAC box.  

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio

General auto repair,electrical issues,driveability issues,anti-lock brakes,SIR systems,HVAC,engine performance,Gm specific. I have worked at my current dealership since the 1990 model year anything much older than that I have limited exposure to. I do not have very much transmission experience so those question you may want to ask of another expert. When you send me a question let me know the exact make/model/engine and year for the car or suv you have it makes it easier to answer the questions that way. If your happy with the answer I gave you please feel free to Donate. This is a free service to you and I am not compensated at all by this web site. I have 22 years of experience to share with you and my knowledge wasn't free to me. I had to pay for my education.

Experience in the area: I have been a technician in GM dealerships for over 22 years and I am a ASE master technician. I work at a Buick and GMC truck store Previously I worked at a Pontiac GMC store for 18 years. I Served a a lead technician when dealership was on a team system. I just recently moved to a Buick,Hummer,Saab Store when my franchise was purchased by this dealership. Organizations: ASE master technician

Education/Credentials:High school diploma,2 year vocational school degree 2 year college degree. Associates degree in applied sciences (auto technology)Awards and Honors: GMC master technician

Master GMC truck technician Master ASE technician in 9 categories