Pontiac Repair/Auto interior question

Mr. Puccio,
This is not exactly a Pontiac question, but maybe you can help me anyway.
I've got a 2001 Buick LeSabre.  It's in good mechanical and body condition (considering its age)...but I've got a problem.  The fabric liner on the ceiling is starting to peel loose and hang down.  I've tried using some "spray glue", and that helps a little...but of course, there are places I can't get to in order to spray.  Is it real complicated to take the interior ceiling out so I can re-glue the fabric?  Is there any other suggestion you can make as to fixing this problem?  Any suggestions/advice is greatly appreciated.
Warm regards,
David Gardner

Hi David:

the onlt thing you can try is what you already did. A spray glue designed for fabric. the issue is this the foam and fiber backing board that the fabric is attached to breaks down over time and becomes brittle and starts to fall apart so the flue will not stick to that. the only thing to do is to replace the whole headliner with one that has a PVC backing board. good luck :)

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio

General auto repair,electrical issues,driveability issues,anti-lock brakes,SIR systems,HVAC,engine performance,Gm specific. I have worked at my current dealership since the 1990 model year anything much older than that I have limited exposure to. I do not have very much transmission experience so those question you may want to ask of another expert. When you send me a question let me know the exact make/model/engine and year for the car or suv you have it makes it easier to answer the questions that way. If your happy with the answer I gave you please feel free to Donate. This is a free service to you and I am not compensated at all by this web site. I have 22 years of experience to share with you and my knowledge wasn't free to me. I had to pay for my education.

Experience in the area: I have been a technician in GM dealerships for over 22 years and I am a ASE master technician. I work at a Buick and GMC truck store Previously I worked at a Pontiac GMC store for 18 years. I Served a a lead technician when dealership was on a team system. I just recently moved to a Buick,Hummer,Saab Store when my franchise was purchased by this dealership. Organizations: ASE master technician

Education/Credentials:High school diploma,2 year vocational school degree 2 year college degree. Associates degree in applied sciences (auto technology)Awards and Honors: GMC master technician

Master GMC truck technician Master ASE technician in 9 categories