Pontiac Repair/2001 GrandAm Gt 3.4 v6

Question
Halloo & Gday.. I appreciate your time and consideration!

When I come to a stop, the rearview mirror lights go on.. Once I get going  again & reach approx 20-30km they turn off.. The same lights stay on for a longer than normal/usual period of time after turning car off, locking and shutting doors. Strange :-/ Also, the trunk button on driver side door is not working.. All else seems fine.

Thinkn they maybe linked on same fuse.m If so, which number on box in engine compartment ,, or which number in fuse panel located passenger side dashboard?? Or is there a different issue goings on here? Car is in great condition with no water leaks/excess moisture ot accidents that may cause the fault

Thanks

Answer
Hi Mason:
Odd question. is this only equipped with the ctsy lighst in the rear view mirror ? no other dome lamps equipped It must have a sun roof??? sun roofs on these cars problematic. water leas into the fuse panel on both sides of the dash on that car and if the water get into the fuse panel it's self the corrosion will cross contaminate 2 or more ckts and cause issue even know you don't see water on the floor it get into the fuse panles and cause all kind of issues pull out a couple relays in the fuse panel and see if the terminals are green and corroded if so BINGO there is the issue. The fuse your looking for will be labeled INT. light or Ctsy or dome. it will be in either the right or left fuse panel not under the hood.  one other water leak issue is from the HVAC system into the BCM (Body computer) again not a big leak and you will not see it on the floor but it wicks into that module and causes issues. it's located right under the glove box. take the hush panel down under the glove box and the BCM is attached to a bracket right under the glove box it has 3 connectors in it pull them out and see if there is corrosion in any of those if so BINGO you found the problem.  Good luck :-)

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio