Pontiac Repair/2006 Pontiac Torrent a/c freezing up

Question
I've replaced the high pressure sensor. I'm full with Freon.a/c still freezes and blows mist. I turn a/c off momentarily and it will resume cooling. what would be causing this?

Answer
Hi Mike.
I'll assume it's cold until the evap freezes up and then you loose air flow as well as it not cooling?

first off you need to confirm the exact amount of 134A is in the system just adding it with one of the sure shot fix it your self cans you but at the parts store is not a correct fix. if the system is charged properly there are 2 things it could be. the Evap temp sensor or the TXV valve is bad. depending on the year And I can't tell you for sure off the top of my head there were a few tears that the temp sensor is part of the TXV valve and I think the newer ones the temp sensor is separate and it's inside the heater box. those are the only other possibilities it could be. if you had access to a true scan tool you could look at the evap temp sensor and see what it's reading when the evap freezes up.
Good luck :-}

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio