Pontiac Repair/2008 G6 4L V6 Intermittent No Start

Have a 2008 Pontiac G6 that wouldn't start about a week ago.  Morning start, lights came on - but when turned key to start there was nothing….no clicking, no noise at all. Have extended warranty so called GM Roadside who confirmed start problem and said it wasn't battery.  Had vehicle towed and next day dealer said they changed battery and car worked again.  Car did work for 3 days and then this morning same thing - lights on and no start - no indication of attempt to start.  Car was towed again and at the dealership the car started fine.  Sounds to me like a poor connection somewhere that the "jostling" of the tows.  Dealer said can't replicate and no codes……I left car for a few days hoping it happens again.  I can't trust this car right now and I don't want to be somewhere bad or extremely inconvenient when this happens again.  What do yo think this is?  Corrosion somewhere, cab els, Ignition?

HI Patrick.

well first off if it's been to a GM dealer that is a good move Vs independent repair shop. question is this what codes have set in this car when it will not start, there should be a smoking gun some where one or of the modules in the car should have set codes to point in one direction or the other as to what is going on. question when it would not crank or start did the odometer on the dash read "error" all of the computer modules on this car are connected in a network and if one of the modules goes down it can effect the rest of them and cause a no crank issue. one common issue these cars have for that year doesn't matter what engine is that they had bad negative battery cables the cable would actually break off at the engine end and cause no crank and no start issues.  obviously with out seeing it and with out knowing what if any codes are stored in this I can't really give you a direct answer as to what the issue is. good luck :-)

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio

General auto repair,electrical issues,driveability issues,anti-lock brakes,SIR systems,HVAC,engine performance,Gm specific. I have worked at my current dealership since the 1990 model year anything much older than that I have limited exposure to. I do not have very much transmission experience so those question you may want to ask of another expert. When you send me a question let me know the exact make/model/engine and year for the car or suv you have it makes it easier to answer the questions that way. If your happy with the answer I gave you please feel free to Donate. This is a free service to you and I am not compensated at all by this web site. I have 22 years of experience to share with you and my knowledge wasn't free to me. I had to pay for my education.

Experience in the area: I have been a technician in GM dealerships for over 22 years and I am a ASE master technician. I work at a Buick and GMC truck store Previously I worked at a Pontiac GMC store for 18 years. I Served a a lead technician when dealership was on a team system. I just recently moved to a Buick,Hummer,Saab Store when my franchise was purchased by this dealership. Organizations: ASE master technician

Education/Credentials:High school diploma,2 year vocational school degree 2 year college degree. Associates degree in applied sciences (auto technology)Awards and Honors: GMC master technician

Master GMC truck technician Master ASE technician in 9 categories