Pontiac Repair/Battery drain 07 grand prix

Question
I have an 07 Grand prix and a battery issue that kills the battery while the car is shut off.  About 2 years ago i was deployed and while i was gone i had my car in storage. I disconnected my battery leads but when i came back after 8 months, the positive lead was touching the positive post and was covered in battery acid which resulted in me getting a new battery. once i put the new one in, my pioneer radio would come on without the key in.  I pulled the radio amp fuse and drove it without issue for 6 to 7 months without the radio.  I took it to a guy to try to fix the issue and he re routed the power wire from my radio to the sun roof fuse.  With that, whenever i would use my remote key to lock the car, sometimes the brake lights or headlights would stay on unless i unlocked it and locked it again.  Then my car started to die while shut off.  Sometimes it would go a few days without draining, sometimes even a week. Sometimes i would leave it for a few hours and it would be dead when i came back.  Recently i had the battery replaced again and the alternator tested at autozone which checked good.  I also took it to a radio specialist and they re wired the whole system. No problems for over a month even leaving my car for over 10 days.  I come back from south america for a month and its dead.  Jumped it and drove it around for a couple days then it died overnight again.  I'm all out of ideas and don't want to take it to a shop unless i absolutely have to.  Any suggestions will help.  Thank you

Answer
Hi Jacob.
you need to find the draw in the system. obviously there is something draining the battery. first and for most I would go after that radio and or what ever else you have aftermarket on the car and disconnect it all and see what the draw on the battery is with all the aftermarket stuff disconnected. there should be no more then a 25milliamp draw after the car sits for 25 minutes or so if the draw is more you need to look further into what the draw is. if it's less then 25 milliamps then the aftermarket stuff is draining the battery. you not going to have the correct tool to check for a draw you need a high dollar digital volt amp meter. to figure out the draw.  or just disconnect everything after market your self and see if the battery still dies.

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio