Pontiac Repair/fuel pump not running

Question
QUESTION: I have a 2005 Pontiac Montana sv6 3.5 liter replaced the whole sending unit cause of fuel pump failure still no power to pump. Hard wired wires underneath due to corrosion problems in connector still not coming on. Fuses and relays are good. What else would stop power to the pump. Security light doesn't flash when trying to start either

ANSWER: Hi jeff:
I think you answered your own question. corrosion problem. these vans when they get a water leak it pools in the harness behind the l/f seat at the floor pass thru. My guess is the harness inside the van is damaged from water and you have a high resistance in the power or ground ckts and that is why the pump doesn't run. pull up the carpet and look at the pass thru connector and harness. . good luck :-)

QUESTION: That was the original problem I bypassed the connector and connected the wires directly under the carpet heat shrink over them and it ran fine then the pump died or so I thought so the sending unit was replaced now the pump won't come one. Wires going through the floor are good fuses are good connectors on the sending unit are good but still no pump working

Answer
does the fuel pump relay click on and off when you turn the key to run and when you crank the engine? if not you either have a bad relay or wiring issue to the relay or the engine computer is turning the fuel pump relay on. with out seeing it I can't tell you for sure what the issue is.

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio