Pontiac Repair/Turn Signal

Hi Todd

You helped me before with this car.
I have a 1995 Grand am 3.1

The pass side turn signal is inop.....the green light comes on on the dash but wont flash. it comes on without signal on when the headlights/park light are turned on.
The front amber light on the bumper comes on with headlights but goes off with signal arm on .
I thinking either a front socket or a turn signal switch.
The T/s switch was replaced like a year and a half ago
any help is appreciated

Hi Joe<
With out seeing it I can't tell you for sure but it sounds like you have a bad bulb.  the front and rear park/turn are a double filament bulb and when the t/s burn out the filament touched the park light filament and when you turn on the head lamps the power is back feeding into the burn out ckt. filament. turn the 4 way flashers on and walk around the car which ever one is not working or on brighter or dimmer then the other is where the issue is. good luck :-)  

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio

General auto repair,electrical issues,driveability issues,anti-lock brakes,SIR systems,HVAC,engine performance,Gm specific. I have worked at my current dealership since the 1990 model year anything much older than that I have limited exposure to. I do not have very much transmission experience so those question you may want to ask of another expert. When you send me a question let me know the exact make/model/engine and year for the car or suv you have it makes it easier to answer the questions that way. If your happy with the answer I gave you please feel free to Donate. This is a free service to you and I am not compensated at all by this web site. I have 22 years of experience to share with you and my knowledge wasn't free to me. I had to pay for my education.

Experience in the area: I have been a technician in GM dealerships for over 22 years and I am a ASE master technician. I work at a Buick and GMC truck store Previously I worked at a Pontiac GMC store for 18 years. I Served a a lead technician when dealership was on a team system. I just recently moved to a Buick,Hummer,Saab Store when my franchise was purchased by this dealership. Organizations: ASE master technician

Education/Credentials:High school diploma,2 year vocational school degree 2 year college degree. Associates degree in applied sciences (auto technology)Awards and Honors: GMC master technician

Master GMC truck technician Master ASE technician in 9 categories