Pontiac Repair/1996 Bonneville parking lights stay on

Question
We just bought our daughter a 96 bonneville for her first car, she loves it however there are a few problems and we can't figure them out. When you close the door (vehicle off) the parking lights stay on for 10 minutes, this (we think) drained the battery once already. Also the light for her radio isn't working, cd player just ejects cds. When starting the car, the instrument panel lights up and we can see everything, but the part that shows if a door is adjar, low tire pressure, etc. won't light up then, just the outline. We opened a door and nothing ever lit up. Any suggestions?

Answer
Hi Monika:

The radio needs to be replaced. it's not fixable the led light inside the radio are not repairable. either one from a junk yard or a exchange unit from a dealership. Is this car and sse oe ssei trim level if so they have what's called twileight sentinel it's a knob by the head lamp switch and it can be turned off it has a "delay" feature to keep the lights on. if it's just a base car SE trim it doesn't have that option. It could be a bad light control module with out seeing it I can't tell you for sure what the issue is. as for the IPC same thing as with the radio there are no light bulbs to replace it's led back lit so that is the same as the radio either one from a junk yard or one from a dealer exchange remanufactured. Good luck :-)

Oh by the way these are GOOD cars even know yours has some issues they run for ever!

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio