Pontiac Repair/Battery light, good Alt. good Battery

Question
Hi I have a 2005 G6 changed starter rod bearing and lifters. Now have battery light on. Had Batt. and Alt tested both are good. 12.5 volts on batt. And only 12.5v from Alt. Its not charging battery....As far as I know should be getting 13+ from Alt. Is there a fusible link? Looked at all plugs wires, grounds seem ok, fuses seem ok.

Answer
Hi Jason:

if you have 12V at the big red wire at the alternator the fuse is good for the alt. you said you had the alternator checked and it's OK? you took it off and took it to the parts store to have them check it? was the engine out of this car to fix it? if so I would check all the ground connections on the engine to make sure #1 they are all hooked up and #2 that they are tight. the engine control module (computer) turns the alternator on it requests the alternator to charge so you could have an issue with the computer or the wiring from the compute to the alternator got pinched and or broken and that is what's wrong with out seeing it I can't tell you for sure...  Good luck :-)

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio