Pontiac Repair/Pontiac montana overheat

Question
2003 pontiac montana, 3.4, water pump failed. replaced, bled system. it was fine for 2 days the over heated again. put it up on ramps, bled it with spill proof funnel. took 4 hrs. was fine 5 days the overheat again. is it possible for there to be debris in the system?

Answer
Hi troy:

how long did it run low on coolant when the water pump failed? chances are this blew a head gasket. what happens with these if either the water pump fails and leaks or the intake manifold gaskets fail and leak and it runs low on coolant and when they over heat due to low on coolant they blow out a head gasket. and exactly what you have described is what happens bleed it out and after a few days it runs low on coolant again and it over heats again. repeat over heats makes the problem even worse. good luck :-)  

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio