Pontiac Repair/Theft alarm system

Question
I have a 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix in winter time when it snows or when the temperature is below 10 the alarm will sound off and it is usually around 2 or 3 am how do I disable the alarm so I don't have to sleep with my keys?

Answer
Hi Nathan:

It depends on what equipment the car has You have to look in the owners manual under personalization and you may be able to toggle off the content theft some have an inclinmeter meaning when the car is armed if it were to be jacked up and or towed the alarm will go off. you can also do this when you lock the car with the remote only press the lock 1 time not twice. the second press arms the content theft. or just lock the doors from the drivers door switch before you close the door that should not arm the alarm.

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio