Pontiac Repair/2003 Pontiac Montana 3.5

Question
fuel filter has been changed car runs fine for awhile then won't start wait awhile anywhere from 45 minutes to hours and it cranks, when you turn it off it won't. Have change fuel filter twice and it works for awhile then does the same thing. could there be sediment in the tank? Fuel  pump going out.  Checked the pump and it seemed to have lots of pressure and it comes on.  Help

Answer
Hi there.

well when it will not start you need to see what your missing. either fuel or spark one or the other. fuel filters are change usually after it's too late the pump works too hard and then they are done due to trying to push fuel though a plugged filter. that engine needs about 45 PSI to run right. if you have a gauge check the pressure when it doesn't start. also if you have a spark check to see if you have spark when it will not start check one wire on each of the 3 oils. it could be a heat soak issue with an ignition module or a crank position sensor once it cools down it runs. good luck :-)

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio