Pontiac Repair/P0171 Code - Pontiac Torrent

Question
Following is a diagnosis from a dealer service department in response to a service engine light coming on in my 2006 Pontiac Torrent 3.4 L V6..."Ses light on. P0171 00 set for lean condition. Found pcv breather hose at rear valve cover does not seal properly. Recommend replacing hose and grommet before further diagnosis."  The part was not readily available at the time and now I was going to attempt the repair myself if I could find the hose.  Unfortunately, I can't find a part number or engine diagram showing where the hose is connected on the rear valve cover.  Would you know where I can find the part number and diagram?  Is this a simple replacement procedure or something more complicated involving the removal of various engine components?

Thanks,

John

Answer
Hi John.
That is a common issu with those engines. I'm not a parts guy so I can't help you with the part # but you need the grommet that air hose fits into the rear valve cover you do not need the hose. stop by ANY GM dealership and they can look it up for you. Best bet is a Chevy dealer the Equinox and the torrent were the same suv. very easy fix pull the old grommet out and push in the new one and attach the hose. it's sure it fit loose at the engine and not at the snorkel.

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio