Pontiac Repair/2004 grand prix

Hi Todd, My girlfriend has a 2004 grand prix, and this morning she started it with a remote starter and went to work. Then when she was leaving work, it wouldn't start, not even turn over. I had a new battery and new cable ends put on. Ajump didn't work either. it did nothing. Any suggestions on whats wrong? Thank's, Bob

Hi bob.
any security light on when she is trying to crank the car over? you need to check for "crank" voltage at the starter motor with a test light. have someone crank the car and check the small purple wire going to the starter. if it has power and the light light with the key in crank it needs a starter. if not ry cranking the car in Neutral maybe a bad safety switch in the transmission. with out seeing it I can't tell you for sure what is wrong there are just 2 ideas?  

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio

General auto repair,electrical issues,driveability issues,anti-lock brakes,SIR systems,HVAC,engine performance,Gm specific. I have worked at my current dealership since the 1990 model year anything much older than that I have limited exposure to. I do not have very much transmission experience so those question you may want to ask of another expert. When you send me a question let me know the exact make/model/engine and year for the car or suv you have it makes it easier to answer the questions that way. If your happy with the answer I gave you please feel free to Donate. This is a free service to you and I am not compensated at all by this web site. I have 22 years of experience to share with you and my knowledge wasn't free to me. I had to pay for my education.

Experience in the area: I have been a technician in GM dealerships for over 22 years and I am a ASE master technician. I work at a Buick and GMC truck store Previously I worked at a Pontiac GMC store for 18 years. I Served a a lead technician when dealership was on a team system. I just recently moved to a Buick,Hummer,Saab Store when my franchise was purchased by this dealership. Organizations: ASE master technician

Education/Credentials:High school diploma,2 year vocational school degree 2 year college degree. Associates degree in applied sciences (auto technology)Awards and Honors: GMC master technician

Master GMC truck technician Master ASE technician in 9 categories