Pontiac Repair/04 pontiac vibe

I have 2 problems. 1. My front driver side door won't open from the outside but it will open from the inside. 2. I got my repenting belt replaced after that my car has issues going from a stop. When I push on the gas my rpms go up but my car doesn't go anywhere and then when it does it'll give you whiplash. So the I got the pensioners system replaced and I'm still having this problem. Please help me

Hi Jeff:

well part 1 the outside door handle broke or the linkage fell off the handle. as for the part 2 the serpentine belt should not have nay issue what so ever on the way the car shifts. by any chance did you have the transmission fluid changed/flushed in this car? if so the wrong fluid will make the transmission shift like that. sounds like a transmission issue. with out seeing It I can't tell you for sure what the problem is. as a rule those are bulletproof in that car!

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio

General auto repair,electrical issues,driveability issues,anti-lock brakes,SIR systems,HVAC,engine performance,Gm specific. I have worked at my current dealership since the 1990 model year anything much older than that I have limited exposure to. I do not have very much transmission experience so those question you may want to ask of another expert. When you send me a question let me know the exact make/model/engine and year for the car or suv you have it makes it easier to answer the questions that way. If your happy with the answer I gave you please feel free to Donate. This is a free service to you and I am not compensated at all by this web site. I have 22 years of experience to share with you and my knowledge wasn't free to me. I had to pay for my education.

Experience in the area: I have been a technician in GM dealerships for over 22 years and I am a ASE master technician. I work at a Buick and GMC truck store Previously I worked at a Pontiac GMC store for 18 years. I Served a a lead technician when dealership was on a team system. I just recently moved to a Buick,Hummer,Saab Store when my franchise was purchased by this dealership. Organizations: ASE master technician

Education/Credentials:High school diploma,2 year vocational school degree 2 year college degree. Associates degree in applied sciences (auto technology)Awards and Honors: GMC master technician

Master GMC truck technician Master ASE technician in 9 categories