Pontiac Repair/2000 Trans Am wont start

Hello, heres my situation, had my 2000 TA in storage for last 3 months, took out battery and put it on charger, last week, went to storage unit, installed battery, car started right up but noticed the gauges did not work, let it run for a few minutes, turned car off. Came back later to start it and get ready to leave, car wouldn't even crank, however, interior lights work, headlights go up and down, radio display works, but when I turn the key the radio display goes out. Also, there are NO dash warning lights, no security light. Any ideas? Battery was on trickle charger in my garage during the winter. Thank you.

Hi Mike:
well with out seeing it it's hard to say but being that it has been in storage my first though would be that you have an un invited guest that took up residence in your car. I would look for rodent damage under the hood. they are hungry and usually chew on wires. take a look around and see if you can find any wires chewed though under the hood. particularly a ground wire somehere. that is my first thought it's odd that it did start and run turn the key off and then nothing.  my second though is with the security system pass key cylinder but that will not have cause the issues previously with no gauges that is a separate system. So I'm sticking with the rodent theory first.

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio

General auto repair,electrical issues,driveability issues,anti-lock brakes,SIR systems,HVAC,engine performance,Gm specific. I have worked at my current dealership since the 1990 model year anything much older than that I have limited exposure to. I do not have very much transmission experience so those question you may want to ask of another expert. When you send me a question let me know the exact make/model/engine and year for the car or suv you have it makes it easier to answer the questions that way. If your happy with the answer I gave you please feel free to Donate. This is a free service to you and I am not compensated at all by this web site. I have 22 years of experience to share with you and my knowledge wasn't free to me. I had to pay for my education.

Experience in the area: I have been a technician in GM dealerships for over 22 years and I am a ASE master technician. I work at a Buick and GMC truck store Previously I worked at a Pontiac GMC store for 18 years. I Served a a lead technician when dealership was on a team system. I just recently moved to a Buick,Hummer,Saab Store when my franchise was purchased by this dealership. Organizations: ASE master technician

Education/Credentials:High school diploma,2 year vocational school degree 2 year college degree. Associates degree in applied sciences (auto technology)Awards and Honors: GMC master technician

Master GMC truck technician Master ASE technician in 9 categories