Pontiac Repair/Pontiac g6 2.4 2007

Hello i have a 2007 Pontiac G6 2.4 that is hat too start and idles like crap. I recently went and tested it at auto zone showed that is was too lean, HTD catalyst was N/A, SEC air system N/A, AC refrig monitor N/A, EGR/VVT systen monitor was N/A. everything else passed. Thanks in advance for all the help. Jay

Hi Jay:
well first off the scan tool at an auto zone is generic and some of the systems you got an N/A for is because the car doesn't have them. does this have a lot of miles on it? is there any noise coming from the front of the engine area ticking slapping knocking? these ecotec engines will jump time if the chain is stretched enough and lean codes and misfires ensue. you didn't put in a tank of e-85 gas by some strange chance did you that will for sure set lean codes. with out the aid of a trust scan tool and NOT a code reader it's pretty much impossible to tell you want could be the issue here. with it running you can spray car cleaner round the intake manifold and the air filter snorkel between the air filter and the engine depending on where you live and where the car was sold it may have a MAF sensor (mass air flow sensor) that is the main air metering input to measure the air flow into the engine. if that is dirty that could be an issue if it's equipped with the MAF and there is a leak in the air intake system pas that sensor it will run bad and set lean codes. Oh with the carbe cleaner if you spray it around the snorkel or the intake and the idle picks up or the engine starts to stumble you found the leak!.  

Pontiac Repair

Todd Puccio

General auto repair,electrical issues,driveability issues,anti-lock brakes,SIR systems,HVAC,engine performance,Gm specific. I have worked at my current dealership since the 1990 model year anything much older than that I have limited exposure to. I do not have very much transmission experience so those question you may want to ask of another expert. When you send me a question let me know the exact make/model/engine and year for the car or suv you have it makes it easier to answer the questions that way. If your happy with the answer I gave you please feel free to Donate. This is a free service to you and I am not compensated at all by this web site. I have 22 years of experience to share with you and my knowledge wasn't free to me. I had to pay for my education.

Experience in the area: I have been a technician in GM dealerships for over 22 years and I am a ASE master technician. I work at a Buick and GMC truck store Previously I worked at a Pontiac GMC store for 18 years. I Served a a lead technician when dealership was on a team system. I just recently moved to a Buick,Hummer,Saab Store when my franchise was purchased by this dealership. Organizations: ASE master technician

Education/Credentials:High school diploma,2 year vocational school degree 2 year college degree. Associates degree in applied sciences (auto technology)Awards and Honors: GMC master technician

Master GMC truck technician Master ASE technician in 9 categories